How Do I Become a Member? How can i join Ballaghaderreen Credit Union?
Firstly you either have to live or work within our common bond which extends for a
10 mile radius of the town of Ballaghaderreen.
You will then have to provide us with the following information:
Current Valid Passport OR Current Valid Driving Licence
-Proof of Address:(Dated within last 3 months)
Household utility bill, ESB, Phone, Mobile,
-Bank or Building Society Statement
-Letter from Social Welfare, Revenue
PPS Number to be provided on an Offical Document
Eg: Payslip, P60, Social Welfare Card, Medical Card or Letter from Revenue
A one off entrance fee of €1.27 has to be paid on joining the credit union with a minimum of €5.00 lodged to your account.
To open a Club or Society account we will require photographic ID for two persons together with current proof of address (dated within last 3 months).
A Parent can open an account on behalf of their child up to the age of when the child can write their own name. The following is required to open a minors account (aged under 16 years)
~Birth Cert or valid passport
~Utility bill for parent dated within last 3 months
~Childs’ PPS Number on official document
~Valid Photo ID for parent opening the account (where child is unable to sign their name)
- No transaction charges or hidden fees.
- Open late Friday evenings until 8 pm.
- Security of savings through the credit union’s fidelity bond and through the Savings Protection Scheme. (Subject to limits)
- The knowledge that your savings are being used in your own community.
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members. (Subject to terms and conditions)
- Friendly, confidential and personal service to our members.